Check out these winter hot tub accessories to enhance your cold-weather soak!
Buying a hot tub is an exciting process! But did you know that there are hot tub accessories that can enhance your ownership experience? From hot tub steps for better safety to an energy-saving hot tub cover - and the automatic hot tub cover lift to go with it, the best hot tub accessories will help you live your best life with a hot tub. Let's dive into the different types of hot tub accessories that will level up your luxury.
Table of Contents
9 Luxury Hot Tub Accessories
With so many different options, it can be difficult to choose the best hot tub accessories. So when shopping for hot tub accessories, ask yourself how often you’ll be using your hot tub and how exactly you want to use it. Your answers will help you decide which hot tub accessories to invest in. Check out our favorite hot tub accessories below!
1. Hot Tub Cover
One of the most important hot tub accessories you'll need is a hot tub cover. Wellis manufactures each hot tub cover to be perfectly compatible with your hot tub.
Not only is your hot tub cover designed to the specifications of your hot tub model, but it also offers extra insulation to trap the heat right where it needs to be. With a buffer and vapor seal, as well as a marine-grade vinyl material, your cover is made not only to protect your hot tub but also to add to your spa’s efficiency, minimizing heat loss and water evaporation.
A well-insulated hot tub cover helps to retain heat and prevent heat loss from the water. This can contribute to energy savings by reducing the need for constant heating, especially during colder months.
Due to its practicality and affordability, hot tub covers are one of our favorite hot tub accessories.
Hot tub covers can be incredibly heavy, so make sure you’re investing in hot tub accessories that make all aspects of your hot tub more convenient. A hot tub cover lift is a functional support system that enables users to maneuver their hot tub cover with ease.
The Wellis Easy Lifter is one of the best hot tub accessories to simply and effectively glide your hot tub cover on and off. With side mount compatibility, your hot tub cover lift needs minimal clearance. Featuring powder-coated durability and anti-slip hand grips, you can rotate your cover into a protective privacy shield from neighbors. Using a hot tub cover lift helps prevent damage to the cover by minimizing dragging, folding, or placing it on the ground.
Then when you are done, simply use the Easy Lifter to glide your cover back in place and securely lock it. It couldn’t be more simple!
3. Automatic Hot Tub Cover Lift
A manual hot tub cover lift does require some level of strength and mobility in order to use it. However, an automatic hot tub cover lift empowers users to sit back and relax as the machine moves the hot tub cover. This is one of the most convenient hot tub accessories!
Automatic hot tub cover lifts are mechanical or hydraulic devices designed to make removing and replacing the cover effortless. They eliminate the need for manual lifting, which can be cumbersome and physically demanding, especially for larger and heavier covers.
4. The Wellis Spa Bag
Do you want to minimize UV exposure and debris from damaging your beautiful spa’s exterior cabinet? The Wellis Spa Bag is a great way to fully enclose your hot tub for ultimate protection. Whether spring pollen is in the air, you are away on vacation, or the dry dust of summer is blowing, a spa bag reduces the need to clean your spa’s exterior.
Want some extra savings in the winter, too? A spa bag also adds another layer of insulation to your already incredible hot tub cover and shell. Enjoy reduced electrical costs and maximize savings with full spa bag coverage. This is one of our favorite hot tub accessories to help prolong that "like-new" look.
5. Hot Tub Steps
Hot tub steps are practical hot tub accessories that provide safe entry and exit points to your hot tub. The hot tub steps are an essential part of using a hot tub, ensuring ease of use and enhancing the overall spa experience. Of course, you can use the hot tub without steps, but your hot tub will be difficult to access.
Hot tub steps are available in a variety of colors and finishes, allowing you to choose a style that complements your hot tub and outdoor environment. From sleek and modern designs to more natural and rustic options, you can find steps that match your personal preferences and blend seamlessly with your overall backyard or patio aesthetics. Find your favorite version and use it to get in and out every day.
With the WelliStep Hot Tub Steps, you can pick your favorite version and use it to get in and out every day. While these hot tub steps are an affordable option, most users prefer hot tub steps with handrail for added security.
6. Hot Tub Steps with Handrail
Offering both safety and convenience, this is one of the most practical hot tub accessories. Hot tub steps are available on the market in different sizes and equipment so that everyone can find the right model for them.
Hot tub steps are usually available in two or three-step designs. The Wellis 4-Step Hot Tub Steps feature an elegant and durable design, with four comfortable steps and a sturdy rail made of sleek aluminum. The width and depth of the steps are carefully considered to provide a comfortable and secure foothold while entering or exiting the hot tub.
In addition to its design, safety is very important when it comes to hot tub steps. Many models incorporate features such as non-slip treads or surfaces to prevent accidents caused by wet feet.
Steps with handrails or side handles provide additional stability and support, particularly for individuals with limited mobility or balance issues. These handrails can also become slippery if you don't use them properly, so it's worth wiping them down every time you get out of your hot tub.
7. Hot Tub Enclosure
All hot tub accessories are meant to support the use and upkeep of your spa, and that includes the area surrounding your hot tub. A hot tub enclosure is a structure that surrounds and encloses the hot tub area. It provides several benefits, ranging from privacy and protection to extended use throughout the year.
Hot tub enclosures offer privacy by creating a defined space for your hot tub. They can shield your hot tub area from prying eyes, creating a more intimate and secluded environment for you to enjoy. Enclosures also provide an additional layer of security by restricting access to the hot tub, especially when combined with lockable doors or gates.
One of the primary advantages of a hot tub enclosure is its ability to protect your hot tub from various weather conditions. It shields the hot tub from direct sunlight, rain, wind, snow, and debris, helping to maintain the water's cleanliness and temperature. With an enclosure, you can use your hot tub in any weather without worrying about external elements affecting your experience.
Hot tub enclosures come in a variety of designs, sizes, and materials, allowing you to choose one that matches your aesthetic preferences and complements your outdoor space. Enclosures can range from simple structures with transparent panels to more elaborate designs that incorporate additional features such as seating areas, changing rooms, or even full-fledged indoor hot tub rooms.
If you’re not ready to invest in a hot tub enclosure yet, you can always create more privacy around your outdoor hot tub later. Check out our favorite backyard hot tub privacy ideas for inspiration.
8. Hot Tub Decking
This is one of our favorite hot tub accessories that can transform your ownership experience. A hot tub deck plays an important role in creating that resort-style experience surrounding your hot tub, so every little detail counts!
Hot tub decking refers to the flooring or platform area surrounding your hot tub. It serves both functional and aesthetic purposes, providing a stable and accessible surface while enhancing the overall appearance of your outdoor space. A well-constructed deck can increase the lifespan of your hot tub by many years. That's why it's worth devoting a lot of time to its design, starting with researching exactly how to start it.
How to Choose Your Hot Tub Decking
The first thing you need to consider is hot tub placement. You’ll need to choose an area either indoors or outdoors that has a solid foundation to support your hot tub. Consider the dimensions and weight of your hot tub before deciding where to place it.
Next, consider the material options. Hot tub decking can be constructed using various materials, each offering unique advantages in terms of durability, aesthetics, and maintenance. Some popular options include:
- Wood: Natural wood decking, such as cedar, redwood, or tropical hardwoods, provides a warm and classic look. It is a very popular option, but it requires regular maintenance, such as staining or sealing, to protect it from moisture, sun damage, and rot.
- Composite: Composite decking is made from a blend of recycled materials and synthetic fibers. It offers the appearance of wood but with increased durability and low maintenance requirements. Composite decking is resistant to rot, fading, and staining, making it the most popular choice for hot tub areas.
- PVC or Vinyl: PVC or vinyl decking is highly durable, resistant to moisture, and requires minimal maintenance. It can withstand harsh weather conditions, making it suitable for outdoor and indoor installations.
- Concrete: Concrete decking provides a solid and long-lasting surface. It can be stamped, stained, or textured to mimic other materials and can withstand heavy use and exposure to the elements.
The material you choose should also have safety features such as slip resistance. Textured surfaces or materials designed specifically for wet environments can help minimize the risk of slips and falls. Your luxury hot tub accessories and resort-style environment won't matter if you're constantly slipping and falling, so choose your decking wisely.
It is very important to know the size and configuration. The size and configuration of your hot tub decking will depend on the available space and your specific requirements. It should provide sufficient room for easy access to the hot tub, seating areas, and any additional features you may desire, such as outdoor furniture or planters.
Hot tub filters are crucial components of a hot tub's filtration system. They help to remove debris, particles, and contaminants from the water, ensuring clean and healthy conditions for swimming and soaking.
Hot tub filters work by trapping and filtering out impurities from the water as it circulates through the system. The filter media, typically made of materials like pleated polyester or paper, catches debris such as leaves, dirt, hair, oils, and even microscopic particles. When it comes to hot tub accessories, this is one that you'll need to familiarize yourself with in order to maintain your spa.
Types of Hot Tub Filters
There are different types of hot tub filters available, including:
- Cartridge Filters: Cartridge filters consist of a pleated filter element encased in a cylindrical housing. They are popular in hot tubs due to their ease of use and maintenance. Cartridge filters are usually removable and can be cleaned or replaced when they become dirty or clogged.
- Sand Filters: Sand filters use a tank filled with a special grade of sand as the filtering medium. Water is pumped through the tank, and impurities are trapped in the sand. Periodically, the sand needs to be backwashed to remove trapped debris. Sand filters are commonly used in larger pool systems but may be suitable for certain hot tubs.
- Diatomaceous Earth (DE) Filters: DE filters use a fine powder made from fossilized diatoms as the filtering medium. These filters offer superior filtration capabilities, trapping even the smallest particles. However, DE filters require more maintenance and regular replacement of the DE powder.
How to Choose a Hot Tub Filter
With so many hot tub accessories, it can be difficult to choose the right filter. Factors such as hot tub brand, model, and hot tub chemicals will impact which filter you need.
Consider these three things when purchasing a hot tub filter:
- Filter Size and Capacity: The size and capacity of the hot tub filter should be appropriate for the volume of water in your hot tub. It's essential to consult the manufacturer's guidelines or seek professional advice to determine the correct filter size for your specific hot tub model. Always choose a filter that fits the size of your hot tub!
- Maintenance and Cleaning: The most important thing is regular maintenance which is necessary to keep your hot tub filters clean and functioning optimally. Cartridge filters can be removed and rinsed with a hose to remove debris, or occasionally soaked in filter cleaner to remove accumulated oils and contaminants. Sand filters require backwashing to remove trapped debris and occasional replacement of the sand. DE filters need periodic cleaning and replacement of the DE powder. Following the manufacturer's recommendations for cleaning and maintenance is crucial to ensure the longevity and effectiveness of the filters.
- Replacement Schedule: Filters will eventually need to be replaced. The frequency depends on factors such as hot tub usage, water quality, and maintenance practices. As a general guideline, cartridge filters may need replacement annually or every two years, while sand or DE filters typically have longer lifespans.
Where Can I Get Wellis Hot Tub Accessories?
Ready to buy some - or all - of these amazing hot tub accessories? You can purchase our luxury hot tubs and hot tub accessories online or at your local Wellis USA swim spa and hot tub store. Find your local independent Wellis hot tub dealer and hot tub store. Wellis is the leading manufacturer of luxury hot tubs and swim spas, as well as all the hot tub accessories you need to go with it.
Your hot tub accessories should enhance your spa ownership experience in some way, so make sure you're choosing the products that work for you.